The French government will decide at the end of May whether to open the borders during the summer. Contrary to many misleading news reports, no decision has yet been made concerning this matter. The government is aiming to open borders within Europe.
France is divided into green and red zones. The Gers falls under a green zone. This means that the virus is circulating less, and that the hospital has a sufficient admission capacity for any eventual covid-19 cases. Therefore, the after-lockdown plan is to get the country up and running again whilst respecting social distancing rules. The Gers is a sparsely populated region, so there is plenty of space.
NEW: RELAX Reservation – book now and pay later
Book your holidays and pay only 7 days before arrival.
Due to COVID-19 we understand that you might hesitate to reserve your holidays. Therefore, we offer the possibility to cancel up to 7 days in advance. For camping pitches, we do not ask a deposit. For rental accommodations, a deposit is only required 7 days prior to arrival. The reservation fee of 15 euros is offered by us. Book your holidays through our website with our guarantee RELAX reservation. Hope to see you soon!
Measures at Château le Haget
Although we have not yet been issued an official protocol by the government, we have already thought about the safety of our guests. Above all, we will always adhere to government guidelines.
For the time being, we will in any case work on the following points:
- Distance: our campsite is situated in a 30-acre park (12 hectares) and each campsite or accommodation pitch is at least 100-150 m², some going up to 200 m²! There is enough space for everyone to enjoy a relaxing holiday whilst maintaining a safe distance from one another. The terrace of the restaurant also offers enough space to place tables apart with enough space between them. Those who know us also know that we can even use the yard in front of the castle. We are awaiting more precise measures from the government to decide on how to proceed for the restaurant. We have also been offering take-away options for years, so if you prefer to have a freshly prepared meal in your own place, this is possible.
- Disinfection spots: we will provide sufficient disinfection options so that you can always disinfect your hands. We are counting on each one of you to respect these measures.
- Cleaning: we will do more cleaning rounds.
- Sufficient and clear information: we will ensure that you have easy access to the correct information concerning our measures.
- We will follow up on other measures that will be recommended / mandatory from the government.